Pages

Translate

Thursday, August 14, 2014

My holidays. Yakutia. Summer 2014.



In late July I came back home for the holidays. I have been waiting for this for all winter to be with my family and relax in beautiful nature of my lovely motherland - Yakutia.




We boarded the boat and sailed along the river Lena.






After 2 hours we came to Nature park Lena Pillars.




On 2nd of July in 2012 the park entered the World heritage list of UNESCO.




We climbed the stairs to 2 kilometers. 45 degree stairs.




Few days ago wild bear was seen here.








This is my mother's certificate.




If you stand on the edge you might fall because stones may crumble.



 
The Pillars consist of Cambrian limestone.




View of the Lena river from the top.




It seems a thunderstorm starts...








Sinaya(Siine) - the river in Yakutia. The length - 597 km. Left tributary of the Lena river.




The height of pillars  is more than 100 meters. The length of pillars along the river is more than 100 kilometers. 









Ancient inscriptions date back to 1000 years BC...




The opposite shore consists of small sandstone.












My father.




Fishing with spinning…




I caught IT!!




And my dad caught a bigger fish…




 I am cooking!




Yakutia has a large territory. In some places rain is really heavy and rivers overflows the banks,  the water breaks through the dams.




And in other places the heat, drought, forest fires are raging. (Photo from news.ykt.ru)




It is impossible to drive even on the tractor to some villages.










This year many strawberries has grown in woods.




I love to gather strawberries.




I am leaving soon. I will miss Yakut food and my beloved family very much…




Amazing summer vacation!



1 comment:

  1. I keep reading your blog and looking at your pictures, and I am thinking...what the hell I am doing here :D Yakutia is pretty, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete